Windows App Certification Kit 2.2 Fails on Windows 8.1? Here is the solution

Hi guys,

These days I am working with windows store apps. It is a cool platform with some creative stuff. But some people hate it, don't know why. After finish developing some apps, I wanted to publish them on the store. Before submit to the store, there is a tool to check your app for some issues. That tool is "Windows App Certification Kit" So far I was aware of the latest version 2.2 which ran smoothly on my windows 8 few weeks back. Recently I changed to Windows 8.1 and installed usual software set including Visual Studio Ultimate 2012 (Update 3) and many more development tools. And when I lunch WACK when creating app package, it gave me following error

"The Windows App Certification Kit experienced the 
following failure while validating your app

The {0} cannot continue testing since the specified 
Windows Store App was not found. Please verify that 
the packagefulname is correct."



 Then I launched the app certification kit separately so that I could select the app and check, And below image the result I got as the list of installed apps.

Pretty Creepy right?
Well the problem is this. Windows App Certification Kit 2.x Is not compatible with windows 8.1.

You will have to install windows app certification kit 3.0 to fix the error.

You can find the WACK 3.0 here.

After installing WACK 3.0 Everything went back to normal. Hope this helps for you.

Later guys.

This post is related with the question I made at StackOverflow.

PS : When I checked for updates for W.A.C.K. it said that it's on its latest version. But the site had 3.0 released.

3 comments: